Questions about Washington State Child Support? Talk to a lawyer today.

(206) 682-8383  ~  Seattle

(253) 444-5541  ~  Tacoma

(360) 350-4626  ~  Olympia

Washington State Child Support

Past Due or Back Support

Washington Family Law Attorney Laurie G. Robertson

Back or past due child support.

The Court may order a parent to pay back child support for a child when that parent has not paid support, even if no child support order was previously entered.  The Court may also enter a judgment for past due child support. 

When faced with an action for past due or back child support an obligor parent may have several defenses which the Court can consider and ultimately the Court may enter a judgment for the full amount owed or not enter a judgment at all. 

Each situation is viewed on a case by case basis.